Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Have you seen our Grow Your Own range at Poundland? Fantastic Value for just a £1 – you can buy Potatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Herbs and Tomatoes to name a few. If you buy tomatoes and plant them now, by September you could have some super tomato plants giving you tomatoes for your salads! Hopefully we will have a beautiful summer providing a bumper crop (fingers crossed).
Below we have a lovely tomato soup recipe for when you have your glut of tomatoes in late August-September.
Easy Tomato Soup (easy) Feeds 4
- 3 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped – optional)
- 1 Celery stick (roughly chopped)
- 1.5 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 Pints of Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2lbs Tomatoes (quarter)
- Basil (dried or fresh – optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Cream (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat, add the onion and gently fry until softened (add the garlic now if you decide to use)
- Add the flour and stir quickly on a low heat until it is a sandy mix you must be careful not to burn the mixture
- Slowly add the vegetable stock to the mixture whisking quickly to get a smooth lump free consistency, keep adding until all the stock is added.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and celery, stirring occasionally leave to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until all the tomatoes are softened and the colour is even.
- Sieve the soup into another saucepan using the back of a spoon to push through the sieve, try and get as much through as possible. Discard the leftovers once finished.
- Return the hob and stirring gently add salt, pepper and basil (if required) to taste.
Split a baguette and dip for satisfaction!
(You can add cream to the recipe but this will increase fat content but very yummy)
View our Grow Your Own Range
Download a voucher for FREE BULBS
February isn’t always the best month for your budget so Valentine’s day may be one of those luxuries you sacrifice.
To help keep the love alive and help you save a few pennies we have put a few Valentine’s day ideas together that are low cost or better still cost nothing to show your loved one you care.
What I love about you
Get your creative juices flowing and write down all the reasons you love this amazing person in your life. It costs nothing and guaranteed to give your loved one an ego boost, great as part of a “love box” or placed in a mason jar or heart box. You can integrate them as part of a game which leads to a dinner (or somewhere else), or simply text them to your loved one throughout the day.
Another creative idea to give to your love, simply write on some card or paper, or print out the love vouchers template ”This voucher is good for…”. Some ideas include: foot massage, dinner, hug, kisses, breakfast in bed etc. Follow up with your promise!
The way to your love’s heart is through their stomach!
Food is an aphrodisiac! Why not cook your way to your love’s heart. Here are a few ideas to get you going: Cook your loved one breakfast in bed, add a little love note for that romantic touch. Or how about a picnic, this can be outdoors or in, grab a bottle of bubbly and chill together on a blanket. How about cooking some heart shaped cookies? Or how about trying to make some heart shaped chocolates using a chocolate mould and your love’s favourite chocolate simply melt down and pour into the mould and freeze to harden.
Say I love you with a Photo book
Find all the photos of the two of you together, the places you have been and any photos that would remind your love of you together. If you have your own printer you can digitally print them onto photo paper and put them in an album or you can get them printed, or have a photo book made with the images you choose.
Poundland have some great Valentines gifts, cards and accessories for everyone, take a look!
If you have any ideas you would like to share, leave a reply below.
Poundland now have a Mobile App for both the most popular handsets iPhone and Android! Using our fab ‘Store Finder’ feature, you will easily find the way to your nearest store with ‘street view’, directing you right to our door! Plus check out Top Brands and fantastic WOW offers at the click of a button!
If you like to see what we are talking about and check out the fab ’street view’ feature, click on the relevant link below:
At Poundland this Summer, you will be spoilt for choice with our great range of Amazing Value confectionery! We have re-launched our Sweet Heaven range which includes a great selection for kids and adults alike! Check out some of the all-times faves including chocolate limes, eclairs and classic butterscotch – plus some newbies including spearmint chews, fruit jellies and giant bananas!