Archive for the ‘Health and Beauty’ Category
My family started shopping in Poundland just over a year ago following a new store opening in my local town. After my first visit I soon realised how much money we could save on household essentials – this started my bargain hunting habit!
Since shopping regularly at Poundland we have been able to save money every week – in total we’ve saved around £400 in the last year! Because most families are strapped for cash at the moment, we wanted to share with you some top money-saving tips that we hope you will find useful:
- You can pick up some family favourite brand names in Poundland such as Rowntrees Jelly, Princes Tuna, Hula Hoops, HP Baked Beans and Colgate; you get a much better deal with these brands than in the supermarkets!
- The Wisemans milk is always top of my shopping list too as I save 37p on milk each time I purchase a carton – our family gets through 20 pints a week!
- Poundland’s also the perfect place to take the kids shopping to spend their pocket money as they can find some great toys, colouring books and DVDs.
- As every item is just £1, I find that it really helps me stick to a budget for the week. I can put items in my basket and easily see how much I’m spending before I’ve even got to the till.
- Finally, it’s always worth popping in regularly, the offers change all the time so you’re bound to find something new. Plus, the seasonal ranges give you even more opportunities to save.
My name’s Michelle Skeet and I live in Horsham, West Sussex with my husband, Alec, and two sons; William, aged 4 and Elliott, aged 2. We are pretty much your typical family with work, school and general family activities taking up most of our week.
As with many families in the UK, we’ve certainly found that running a household can get expensive – especially in recent years. We like to find savvy ways to save money on the everyday things in our home so we can put our money towards the nicer things in life – like family outings.
So when Poundland got in touch earlier this year to ask if we’d like to share our Poundland experience with other families and blog about our savings, we were delighted to help out! We love to find a bargain and hope that sharing our findings with you might provide some inspiration for ways you can save money in your household too.
We will be posting our findings throughout December on the Poundland blog – we hope you find our thoughts useful and fully welcome any comments. Please feel free to share your tips too!
The Skeet Family x
The sun has got its hat on hip hip hip horray, the sun has got its hat on and it’s coming out to play! Well, with today being the first dull day in a while, I like to remain positive and wait to the fab sunny weather to return! So it’s time to get out your Summer clothing and head outdoors. But don’t worry, everything you need to look fabulous from top to toe is available from Poundland.
With a whole host of items at the amazing price of £1 each, you can enjoy the long Summer days knowing you’ve got everything you need! Fab make up, from our beautiful Chit Chat range, colourful clothing accessories and much more – Poundland is your one stop shop this Summer!
At last we can finally enjoy a few Summer days and the last few Festivals of the year! V Festival and Reading / Leeds, plus loads of local festivals are still to come and the lucky few of us going need to be prepared for all possible weather outcomes!! At Poundland now, you can pick up loads of festival must-haves including camping/travel, health/beauty and food/drink essentials - all for just £1 each! Heres to hoping the good weather continues to the end of the month – so all of us can enjoy the Summer holidays too!
Are you getting ready for the Summer and need to top up your tan? Have you been a little pale all Winter and need to start your Summer tan from scratch? You probably wouldn’t have thought to pop in your local Poundland, but here is the reason why you should!
One of Poundlands fantastic Bronze Ambition Beauty products has been put to the test by ITV 1′s This Morning on todays show! Bronze Ambition Instant Tan Shimmer creates a flawless instant golden glow that easily washes off, while giving your skin a smooth radiant finish! The group that tested it, gave it 4 out of 5, with the other products trailing behind including Fake Bake and St Tropez.
Head down to your local store today to pick up your bottle!